Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cash Games or SNGs?

Recently I started playing cash games again and I am finding that I like them more than SNGs for a few reasons.
1) They are time-friendly:  I don't have to commit 2-3 hours to playing in them.  If I only have an hour to play, that is not an issue with cash games.
2) They give me control over bad beats:  I can leave a table if the cards aren't coming or if I am being outplayed.  I don't lose a guaranteed amount of money in an entry fee.
3) They maximize winnings:  Each chip that I win in a cash game represents real money.  This means that I am actually getting value for each chip that I win.
4) The strategy:  I love the way these are played!  With unchanging blinds, I have to develop one solid strategy, not the 4 that I would in an sng or mtt.
What do you think?
Leave a comment!!

1 comment:

  1. As im fairly new to poker could you possibly do a couple of blogs on 1, Position 2,What you call ABC poker.Its been great and informative reading your tips and advice and i always check to see if their is another as i have you on my Homepage(dont get your ego inflated now :) )
    Hope to hear from you soon,oh and by the way i have noticed that 2 Qs n 2 8s are the most common winning hands which i have used to my advantage.Im currently playing the free site Pureplay,are there any better????
    Thanks Again Steven (smacca.1503@yahoo.co.uk )

    ReplyDelete